LACEY (WA) Who could use some natural ways to jump start metabolism? I know I could! Most of us have been more sedentary due to COVID – limited gatherings/outings and working from home. Here are some practical ways to jump start your metabolism & help with fat loss!
- DRINK more water! Your body needs water to process calories. If you are even mildly dehydrated, your metabolism may slow down. In one study, adults who drank eight or more glasses of water a day burned more calories than those who drank four. To stay hydrated, drink a glass of water or other unsweetened beverage before every meal and snack. Also, snack on fresh fruits and vegetables, which naturally contain water, rather than pretzels or chips.
- Your body burns many more calories digesting protein than it does eating fat or carbohydrates. As part of a balanced diet, replacing some carbs with lean, protein-rich foods can boost metabolism at mealtime. Good sources of protein include lean beef, turkey, fish, white meat chicken, tofu, nuts, beans, eggs, and low-fat dairy products.
- Green Tea boosts your metabolism! Drinking green tea or oolong tea offers the combined benefits of caffeine and catechins, substances shown to rev up the metabolism for a couple of hours. Research suggests that drinking 2 to 4 cups of either tea may push the body to burn 17% more calories during moderately intense exercise for a short time.
- Eating more often can help you lose weight. Yep, you read that correctly! When you eat large meals with many hours in between, your metabolism slows down between meals. Having a small meal or healthy snack every 3 to 4 hours keeps your metabolism cranking, so you burn more calories over the course of a day. Several studies have also shown that people who snack regularly eat less at mealtime. However, make sure the snack is healthy! Veggies and lean proteins!
- Strength Training improves your metabolism! 1 pound of muscles burns 6 calories while 1 pound of fat only burns 2 calories. I can already hear you, “But the gyms are closed.” Yes, they are, but we are doing zoom training with people AND Feb, and March we are giving away FREE training services (all virtual) when you sign up for our 8-week wellness weight loss program by Jan. 20th ! There is a free zoom information meeting on Jan. 13 th at 7pm. You will need to register online at: bit.ly/NEWYEARNEWYOUJAN13. This 8-week wellness program is about losing fat, not just weight loss. It is a low glycemic eating plan (all recipes included) that is based on science. No counting calories or points and no prepackaged foods and not as restrictive as Paleo or Keto.
- Using “Lepticore,” a natural plant-based patented product that decreases absorption of starchy carbohydrates. There was a great study that took 92 obese clients who used this product for 8 weeks and they DIDN’T change their food choices, but the effects were still amazing. Weight decreased by 5.4% and fat loss by 2.8% in 8 weeks. More results:
- Total cholesterol 18% down
- LDL cholesterol 14.7% down
- HDL cholesterol 13.7% up
- Plasma triglycerides 7.1 down
- Fasting blood glucose 7.9% down
- Serum serotonin up 28.6%
- Serum leptin down 46.9%
- C-reactive protein down (inflammation marker) 15.1 % (Article: “The use of LeptiCore® in reducing fat gain and managing weight loss in patients with metabolic syndrome.” Lipids & Health Disease Journal.
In the weight loss game, starchy carbohydrates can really pack on the pounds. Starchy carbohydrates can also trigger leptin resistance. Starchy carbohydrates lead to higher blood sugar levels, increasing insulin and causing the body to store fat.
Lepticore in the “TLS Fat and Carb Inhibitor” product is a white kidney bean extract that affects the utilization of carbohydrates once they enter the body. As a result, the absorption of glucose from carbohydrate-rich foods such as bread, potatoes, rice and pasta — is inhibited. This gives you an advantage by minimizing the effects of surplus carbohydrates that are waiting to be converted into fat within the body.
What to do next:
If you want to learn more about science and fat loss and how to stay in “fat-burning mode,” we are hosting a free zoom meeting on Jan. 13th at 7pm. The 8-week wellness weight loss program starts Feb. l. There will be weekly zoom FREE coaching calls, recipes, exercise modifications, and more! If you feel stuck or that you have put on the COVID 15, then this is a great place to start moving your health into a better direction. Please register at this link: bit.1y/NEWYEARNEWYOUJAN13 or call Penrose Physical Therapy at (360) 456-1444.